Publisher is EE6 compatible, but it does not support the Fluid field.

If you purchased an add-on from expressionengine.com, be sure to visit boldminded.com/claim to add the license to your account here on boldminded.com.

Ticket: Reel won’t find any results

Status Resolved
Add-on / Version Reel 1.5.2
Severity
EE Version 6.0.2

Dave de Bruin

May 26, 2021

I had/have Reel installed on a develop site called http://tom.dalizweb.nl this week I moved/copied my install to another server https://cma.talentopmaat.nl.
I had Reel working in http://tom.dalizweb.nl but it won’t work on https://cma.talentopmaat.nl.

So I created a new API key and credentials on Google with a new Google-account for this project, Google shows the Api enabled and green. But still Reel won’t find any video’s.

Video’s I added on the develop server are still on the new install.

Do you have an idea what’s wrong,

#1

BoldMinded (Brian)

May 26, 2021

I can’t help with the Google app configuration side of things, but I do know it works. I would suggest clearing your cache directory in EE b/c the search results are cached to help stay under API limits.

I’m also curious if you’re getting any errors in the Reel UI?

Have you looked at the Network tab in your browser to see what the response is?

If you add &reel_debug=1 to your EE control panel URL, then reload the page, then open Reel to perform a search, it should show additional logging information that might help.

#3

Dave de Bruin

May 26, 2021

Hi Brian,

I did what you suggest but now result, I have made some screenshot for you of the Network Tab and the debug of Reel.

I can’t make much sense of these.. can you.

If it is only a Google error I will try to reproduce my settings from the develop server once more,

https://cma.talentopmaat.nl/screenshot-network.png

https://cma.talentopmaat.nl/screenshot-reel.png

#4

BoldMinded (Brian)

May 26, 2021

Thats a 500 server error. Make sure your debugging is turned up (https://boldminded.com/white-screen) and go to the URL directly in a new tab to see what it displays.

#5

Dave de Bruin

May 26, 2021

Do you mean this:

TypeError Caught
implode(): Argument #2 ($array) must be of type ?array, string given
user/addons/reel/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/Http/REST.php:173

Stack Trace: Please include when reporting this error
#0 user/addons/reel/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/Http/REST.php(173): implode(Array, ‘&’)
#1 user/addons/reel/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/Service/Resource.php(193): Google_Http_REST::createRequestUri(‘youtube/v3/’, ‘search’, Array)
#2 user/addons/reel/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/Service/YouTube.php(4282): Google_Service_Resource->call(‘list’, Array, ‘Google_Service_…’)
#3 user/addons/reel/mod.reel.php(453): Google_Service_YouTube_Search_Resource->listSearch(‘id,snippet’, Array)
#4 ee/legacy/libraries/Actions.php(175): Reel->load_youtube()
#5 ee/legacy/libraries/Core.php(522): EE_Actions->__construct(true, Object(Closure))
#6 ee/legacy/controllers/ee.php(51): EE_Core->generate_action(true)
#7 [internal function]: EE->index()
#8 ee/ExpressionEngine/Core/Core.php(251): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 ee/ExpressionEngine/Core/Core.php(111): ExpressionEngine\Core\Core->runController(Array)
#10 ee/ExpressionEngine/Boot/boot.php(161): ExpressionEngine\Core\Core->run(Object(ExpressionEngine\Core\Request))
#11 index.php(164): require_once(’...’)
#11 index.php(164): require_once(’...’)

#6

BoldMinded (Brian)

May 26, 2021

You’re going to have to open the file user/addons/reel/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/Http/REST.php and go to line 173, and just before line 173 add this:

var_dump($queryVars);

Then reload the page and send the same error output. This time there should be some additional debugging.

#7

BoldMinded (Brian)

May 26, 2021

What version of PHP are you using?

#8

BoldMinded (Brian)

May 26, 2021

Looks like PHP 8… are you able to try 7.4?

#9

BoldMinded (Brian)

May 26, 2021

Comment has been marked private.

#10

Dave de Bruin

May 26, 2021

Yes, I was on PHP 8.0.

First tried 7.4 it works but really slow withe results. Pushed it back to 7.3 and then its really fast.

My develop server was also on PHP 7.3.

Didn’t add this var_dump($queryVars); because changing PHP version was easy at the host.

Thanks for thinking along, hope you get it upgraded and suited for php 8.0 in the nearby future.

#11

BoldMinded (Brian)

May 26, 2021

The build I sent includes the latest Google API Client that supports 8.0, so it should work.

#12

BoldMinded (Brian)

May 26, 2021

I just switched my environment to 8 and seems to work fine with that build.

#13

Dave de Bruin

May 26, 2021

Cool, I will try that one to. tomorrow…...

Login to reply