I’m working with a client whose heavily trafficked government site is experiencing some bugs that we cannot replicate on our development sites. I’m wondering if / hoping you may be amenable to participating in a Zoom to quickly see some of the the issues that are happening on their production site in real time. We’re hoping you may recognize some red flags that would either help us figure out the problem or at least get some ideas from you on how best to replicate the problems in a dev environment so that our troubleshooting could be more helpful.
Some of the issues they’ve reported with Speedy include:
- Multiple front-end pages display content of other pages, as if static cache files are not deleting properly or are not overwriting old static files properly.
- Speedy is only clearing the expired items when the client views the static items in the Speedy CP UI. More clearly, when the client attempts to use the Speedy clear cache URL, it fails. They get the error message: “Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in ...\system\ee\EllisLab\ExpressionEngine\Library\Data\Entity.php on line 654” (we’ve bumped up the PHP memory limit to 512MB in an effort to avoid this, but that did not help). What’s odd is that prior & immediately following the error, the Speedy Control Panel read the same number of items (a large number, ~1,000-2,000). But then when you view the static items the number drops drastically (~100-200).
- Speedy is only intermittently updating static pages on an entry’s save. It seems to work on the site’s Generic Page entries but not in other Channels (News & Home Page). Another Channel (Organization Pages) seems to update the state page cache intermittently.
- 500 errors are occurring on the first entry save of the day, as if Speedy is clearing out all the expired files at the same time. They have set up a cron job to clear out the static folder every morning at 5am, but our client logs in each morning to initiate the first Save of the day to prevent others from possibly getting a 500 error. But as the issue has continued, it’s currently taking multiple attempts save an entry without a 500 error even after viewing the static files in the Speedy CP.
- Another error they’ve seen in the Speedy CP: “Exception Caught SplFileInfo::getMTime(): stat failed for .../static/default_site/static/organization/disabilities/disability-proclamations/index.php . . . user/addons/speedy/Service/Drivers/AbstractFilesystemDriver.php:59”
It seems as if Speedy continues to register cached files until you view the cache in the CP. But that’s a separate problem from the 500 errors.
I will need to get *your* IP Address in order to whitelist you for access to the dev site and dev server.