Be sure to checkout our newest add-on Speedy!

EE compatibility updates:

  • Publisher is EE5 compatible, but it does not currently support the Fluid field.

ExpressionEngine.com licenses:

  • If you purchased an add-on from expressionengine.com, be sure to visit boldminded.com/claim to add the license to your account here on boldminded.com.

Ticket: Issue with translations (relationship in bloq) after upgrading from 3.5.16 to 5.3.0

Status Resolved
Add-on / Version Publisher 3.1.2
Severity
EE Version 3.5.16 - 5.3.0
Images

Kevin Chatel

Jan 30, 2020

Hi Brian,

We have successfully upgraded one of our sites to EE 5.3.0 from EE 3.5.16

After the upgrade, we updated our addons to their latest versions (bloqs 4.2.1, publisher 3.1.2). It seems now that in the non-default language, when viewing the frond-end, fields that would typically be stored in channel_data before upgrade to 5.3.0 (text input, textarea) are showing the value of the default language when being pulled from a relationship within a bloq.

This bug does not occur when pulling values from a grid that is related within a bloq.

This bug also does not occur when using a simple {exp:channel:entries} directly to the relationship child entry.

Example of bug:

{bloq_field}

{relationship_field}

{relationship_field:mpp_display_title} 

{/relationship_field}
{/bloq_field}


Example of correct value:

{exp:channel:entries entry_id="id_of_related_entry_within_bloq"}

{mpp_display_title}

{/exp:channel:entries}

Let me know if there is any other information I could provide that would help you, i’ve included the credentials for the development site, where the issue is present.

Instruction to see bug: go directly to the development site “/fr” and in the image boxes, you will see english titles (regular text input, not working properly) with french links (link is in grid, working properly)

Also, we have some static cache that can be cleared at any time since it is only a development site.

Thanks in advance!

 

 

#1

Kevin Chatel

Jan 31, 2020

Hi Brian,

One more thing I should mention, the default language is ID 4 & the other language (French) is ID 5.

Not sure if this would affect anything.

Thanks

#2

BoldMinded (Brian)

Jan 31, 2020

Thanks for making the ticket and providing details. I’ll try to replicate this in my local environment over the weekend and provide an update.

#3

BoldMinded (Brian)

Jan 31, 2020

This sounds a little similar to this ticket https://boldminded.com/support/ticket/2066, and I’m unable to replicate that one or the issue you reported. I just setup a relationship field in a block and displayed the contents of the related entries just fine in default and non-default language. Since I can’t replicate, the next step is for me to ask you to setup a clean EE environment and install Bloqs and Publisher, with default settings, a single block with a relationship field, and just enough template code to replicate the issue. If you can’t replicate it in a clean environment then I can dig into your current environment more to see if it was somehow related to the upgrade. Basically being able to replicate it or not replicate it in a new environment tells me a lot about the situation, and determines the next steps.

#4

Kevin Chatel

Feb 05, 2020

Hi Brian,

We were able to install publisher 2.11.2 and bloqs 4.0.21 on the test site. These seem to be working properly on EE5 upgraded from 3.5.16.

I know the schema of the entry data hasn’t been changed in this publisher version, wondering if any of this info could be useful for you.

I am going to setup a clean version of EE5 and test, but i’m inclined to believe the issue stems from the upgrade from 3 to 5

Thanks

 

#5

BoldMinded (Brian)

Feb 05, 2020

Interesting. So I would recommend that you backup the db, and tag your Git repo just before you do the Publisher upgrade so that you can repeat the process. Maybe something will become more clear if you can do that. I can also login to a dev site and take a look, but those sort of things are hard to pin down when I’m unable to step debug it, or unless I see a glaring issue with the db data. Right now I’m not sure what to tell you to look for in the db changes, except that maybe look at the exp_publisher_data_field_X table and grid tables that are involved with this field and compare the before and after.

Login to reply

Contact

For add-on support, please use the Support section. General inquries and pre-sale questions can be sent to support@boldminded.com.