Be sure to checkout our newest add-on, Speedy — Advanced Caching for ExpressionEngine.

Compatibility updates:

  • Publisher is EE5 compatible, but it does not currently support the Fluid field (it's in the works).

Ticket: Relationship entries from other site are not translated

Status Resolved
Add-on / Version Publisher Domain Control 2.1.0
Severity
EE Version 4.3.4

Service Desk

Sep 25, 2018


Hi Brian,

Im facing an issue with the relationship entries.

This is my situation, we have a msm with 3 sites, PDC enabled to have per site 3 different urls

In a previous ticket we fixed an issue with PDC, so its MSM aware.

For this example i use the name site1, site2 and site3.

In site1 we have a channel “sliders”, filled in with some entries. On site2 we have a relationfield where we show the entries from site1:sliders. Then selecting them and assigning them. Now when i visit site2, the entries are shown, however, they are shown not in the right language.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gui0wb55o5fnqv/publisher-wrong-lang.PNG?dl=0

Assiging the related sliders in the main site, then its working. So it seems that this issue only occur on the extra sites.

 

 

 

#1

Service Desk

Sep 25, 2018

Comment has been marked private.

#2

BoldMinded (Brian)

Sep 25, 2018

Can you setup a new test template, with only an entries tag (no other fluff such as css, navigation etc, just the entries tag) with a relationship field linking to 1 entry from the other site. I don’t want other module tags running and making it difficult to debug. If you provide FTP info I can login and take a look.

#3

Service Desk

Sep 26, 2018

Of course.

FR: http://chambredhote.maisondelabonnevie.fr.duniqueserver.nl/site/publisher (site2)
EN: http://bedandbreakfast.maisondelabonnevie.com.duniqueserver.nl/site/publisher (site2)
NL http://bedandbreakfast.maisondelabonnevie.nl.duniqueserver.nl/site/publisher (site2)

it load the entry from the “home” channel, where it has a relation field, where it loads 3 entries from site 1.

It is working if the entry is coming from the site himself.

Will update the FTP settings

#4

BoldMinded (Brian)

Sep 26, 2018

Comment has been marked private.

#5

BoldMinded (Brian)

Sep 26, 2018

I found the path to the CP, and the template file (sorry, didn’t pay enough attention to your previous comment)

#6

BoldMinded (Brian)

Sep 26, 2018

I’ll try to look at this later this week. As mentioned in the other ticket, I’m very busy right now. I’ll do what I can when I can :/

#7

BoldMinded (Brian)

Sep 26, 2018

So to clarify, all of the assigned relationships fr are present, they’re just not translated?

#8

Service Desk

Sep 26, 2018

Hi Brain,

see this screenshot:

1. make sure you have the site “Bed and breakfast”
2. those are the entries from the site “shop”
3. this entry is from the site “bed and breakfast”, so from the current site.

And yes, the translation for the 3 items coming from “shop” are not working.

Let me know.

#9

BoldMinded (Brian)

Sep 26, 2018

Turns out this is a pretty easy fix. A query was more specific than it needed to be. Here is the change:

https://d.pr/i/HFhulZ

#10

Service Desk

Sep 27, 2018

Cool, just add it and seems to work. Thanks!

Login to reply

Contact

For add-on support, please use the Support section. General inquries and pre-sale questions can be sent to support@boldminded.com.